2019/2020 RE-LINK ADVANCED ACADEMIA FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
FOR BULGARIAN RESEARCH DIASPORA
ACTIVE IN THE SOCIAL SCIENCES AND THE HUMANITIES
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS) announces a Call for Applications for the 2019/2020 RE-LINK Advanced Academia Fellowship Programme for fundamental research in the fields of the humanities and social sciences for Bulgarian scholars residing abroad.
- The Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science and
- The Swiss State Secretariat for Education Research and Innovation under a Memorandum of Understanding.
The aim of the RE-LINK Fellowship Programme for Bulgarian diaspora scholars in the areas of the humanities and social sciences is to foster high-quality research and cross-border transfer of knowledge. No disciplinary, methodological or thematic restrictions apply to the project proposals. Selection is based solely on the potential of the candidate and the quality of the project. The Fellows will have access to electronic and library resources and will be fully integrated in the regular research seminars and discussions taking place within the existing CAS programmes.
The PROGRAMME provides:
- Two 3-month fellowships for Bulgarian researchers working abroad at the amount of 1100 Euro p. m.;
- Travel and accommodation;
- Research expenses.
The forthcoming eligible period is October 1st, 2019 – 31st July, 2020.
Candidate should be:
- Bulgarian citizens;
- Active in academia: post-docs, research associates, assistant professors, associate professors or full professors;
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in international projects and publications in renowned academic editions;
- Proficient in English language.
As an international academic institution CAS conducts most of its work in English. The excellent command of English is a significant prerequisite for the successful integration of the fellow in already existing research teams and planned events. Therefore the level of language proficiency will be taken into consideration during the selection process.
Links for Downloading:
Young or mid-career scholars (of up to 15 years after PhD defense) should provide two reference forms by scholars familiar with the applicant's academic work and emailed directly to CAS by the referees.
All application forms will be filled in English and sent by e-mail to Mr Dimiter Dimov at email@example.com with a subject entry "Advanced Academia Fellowships".
Deadline for applications: March 31, 2019
- High quality of the candidate's academic portfolio and publications; participation in international research;
- Innovative fundamental research proposal with significant contribution;
- Interdisciplinary and/or comparative approaches are an advantage.
The selection is carried out by the international Academic Advisory Council of CAS based on evaluation of the potential of the candidate relative to his/her career stage and the quality of the proposed project. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an on-line interview on the 8th and/or 9th of July. The results will be announced by the end of July, 2019 via e-mail and at the website of the Institute: www.cas.bg.
The members of the CAS Academic Council shall not disclose to candidates their assessment reports on the applications.
Precedence will be given to candidates who have not been CAS Fellows within the preceding 3 years / have not held CAS fellowships in the past.
CONTACT PERSON AND MAILING ADDRESS
Mr Dimiter Dimov, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Centre for Advanced Study Sofia; Sofia 1000, 7-B Stefan Karadja Str
tel.: + 359 2 9803704 / fax: + 359 2 9803662