2020/2021 RE-LINK ADVANCED ACADEMIA FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME FOR BULGARIAN RESEARCH DIASPORA
ACTIVE IN THE SOCIAL SCIENCES AND THE HUMANITIES
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS) announces a Call for Applications for the 2020/2021 RE-LINK Advanced Academia Fellowship Programme for fundamental research in the field of the humanities and social sciences for Bulgarian scholars residing abroad.
- The Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science and
- The Swiss State Secretariat for Education Research and Innovation under a Memorandum of Understanding.
The aim of the RE-LINK Fellowship Programme for Bulgarian diaspora scholars in the areas of the humanities and social sciences is to foster high-quality research and cross-border transfer of knowledge. No disciplinary, methodological or thematic restrictions are applicable. Selection is based solely on the potential of the candidate and the quality of the project. The Fellows have access to electronic and library resources and are fully integrated in the regular research seminars and events taking place within the existing CAS programmes.
The PROGRAMME provides:
- Two 3-month of 1100 Euro per month fellowships for Bulgarian researchers working abroad;
- Travel and accommodation cost coverage for the period of their stay in Sofia;
- Research expenses.
The duration of the Fellowship should fall into the period 1st October, 2020 – 31st July, 2021.
- All candidates should be Bulgarian nationals;
- Have scholarly credentials: post-docs, research associates, assistant professors, associate professors or full professors;
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience in international projects and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions;
- Have English language proficiency.
As an international academic institution CAS conducts most of its work in English. Excellent command of English is a significant prerequisite for the successful integration of the fellow in already existing research teams and planned events. Therefore the level of language proficiency will be taken into consideration during the selection process.
Links for Downloading:
Young or mid-career scholars (up to 15 years after PhD defense) will have to provide two references as per the linked form which should be emailed directly to CAS by the referees.
All application documents will be filled in English and e-mailed directly to Mr Dimiter Dimov at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject entry “Advanced Academia Fellowships”.
Deadline for applications: March 31, 2020
- High quality of the candidate’s academic portfolio and publications, as well as participation in international research;
- Innovative fundamental research proposal with significant contribution;
- Interdisciplinary and/or comparative approaches are an advantage.
The selection is carried out by the international Academic Advisory Council of CAS based on evaluation of the potential of the candidate relative to his/her career stage and the quality of the proposed project. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an on-line interview on 22nd or 23th of June, 2020. The results will be announced by the end of July, 2020 via e-mail and on the website of the Institute: www.cas.bg.
The members of the CAS Academic Council shall not disclose to candidates their assessment reports on the applications.
The Academic Council reserves the right, in cases of candidatures with equal quality, to privilege candidates who have not been CAS Fellows within the preceding 5 years / have not held more than two CAS fellowships in the past.
CONTACT PERSON AND MAILING ADDRESS
Mr Dimiter Dimov, e-mail: email@example.com
Centre for Advanced Study Sofia; Sofia 1000, 7-B Stefan Karadja Str
tel.: + 359 2 9803704 / fax: + 359 2 9803662